viernes, 25 de febrero de 2022

grief

 I grieve and grieve and grieve
And feel every feeling there is
Trapped inside my ribs
I cry and try to get it out of me
But grief clings to me like a disease
Some days I wish I could rip me open.
 
I write, I cope, I let my heart feel every feeling there is to exist
Until my head has to intervene and tell it to 
either swallow it down or spit it up
but either way, let's move on.

grief like a keychain inside my pocket
I carry it wherever I go
It doesn’t grow tired of haunting me
And it doesn’t get scared.
 
The same way your body dug a hole in the mattress we used to share
your presence 
dug a hole in me.
I try to put into words
feelings I've buried
but naming doesn’t help
I still hope for you to be
the one I tell my good news to
but then I take a look at the person you're becoming
and see nothing but a stranger
that I share memories with.
 
I keep trying to write in your name
apologies that are never sent
cuz you don’t mean them
never mind, addressing them
I keep asking my own self for forgiveness
 
Out of all people I lost
I miss myself the most
Out of all the wakes I skipped
I regret not paying my respects
To my old self
 
For Halloween this year I am dressing up as someone you honestly care about. So what perfume does she wear? Do I need to cut my hair? 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

part 4: VOICEMAIL

 Hey, I was just calling to ask if you got home safe. I know it’s Saturday at 3 am and we haven’t spoken in months, I just got a hunch that ...