viernes, 25 de febrero de 2022

All's well that ends.. well, bad.

Today I visited the cemetery
Where our love rests
6 ft under
Nonchalant lands.

It’s been so long, even trees started to grow around
But nothing flourished from the barren ground that covers it.
Nothing ever did
Not love, nor trust
Not a relationship.

It told me that even underneath
It hasn’t rested in peace
I had such hope for it.
Some nights it haunts boys
That never make up their mind
Just like you never did
And it haunted you for the rest of your life.

somehow the memory
looks like me, dancing alone
Everyone is moving on and life doesn’t stop... maybe you should too
Maybe I should too.

My heart, the soil
Your words, much needed water
a serious drought
You ain’t coming... back
At least to claim what’s yours
At least to return my pride.

You wear your conquests around your neck
#1 in destroying girls’ hopes
and there’s where my pride hangs on.
Bury the hatchet but I keep a map to where I put it.

What for was all about?
The mouse, the cat, the hunting
The car, the parking lot, the racing
The lovemaking, the passion, the longing
Alls well that ends, well... bad.
________________________________________________________________________
I kept visiting the grave
Until one day
I had to remind myself:
Nothing ever resurrects
not people, not love, not relationships.

So maybe it’s okay if my wounds stay open
Some things are meant to stay that way.
Poems stuck into my brain
like tattoos into the skin,
I can't wash away promises engraved.

And maybe it’s okay if I sleep alone now,
no one ever returns 
even if they come back.
How many times can you visit a tomb?
Before you realize: It’s too late.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

part 4: VOICEMAIL

 Hey, I was just calling to ask if you got home safe. I know it’s Saturday at 3 am and we haven’t spoken in months, I just got a hunch that ...